Like a Thermos

The phrase/quote I heard had an immense impact and it made so much sense to me that I wrote a poem as an introduction before I proceed to write the actual quote. You know to place importance…I am stating the obvious, sorry about that…but like most things, I hope to not forget this and hope to have this always engraved in my mind/heart…though knowing me, I kinda doubt myself. Have a good read.


The heart

Like the sun it rises and sinks

Like a flower,

It blooms and it sleeps,

My heart,

Has many faces,

My heart,

It amazes me,

My heart,

Travels places,

Journeys into spaces,

Changes into phases,

Shifting colors,

Influencing others,

Integrating ideals,

Confusing signs and logic,

Often ends up lost in static,

Not ecstatic.


The heart,

Known for stirring aghast,

For abhorring bad thoughts,

Creating imaginary tricks and crafts,

So often agitated,

Self absorbed and misguided,

Empty yet ridden by self-importance,

Dark and suffocating,

Drowning in worldly strings,

In need of a spark even a lightning,

For truth to transpire,

It then inspires,

Thirst that can be quenched by a blessed teacher.


The heart, it contemplates; learns to disregard others, for others are neither the ones to please nor the one who appeases, and then his master inquired, and then came a long silence, his master then as often emit golden moments, he mutters gold woven words:


“What is wealth?

Wealth is the wealth of the heart.”

2 comments:

Sensei Munirah said...

I starting to enjoy reading ur blog posts again...haha :P

Alam said...

Thanks :)