Grey Hair




A week…more like a couple of weeks back I went to watch “The Last Naruto the Movie”. After many years of reading the manga and watching the anime it leaves a certain amount of mixed feelings left stirring in the insides, you know in the insides where one could feel but not see. If anything I am almost certain that such an influential and successful merchandise shall not or should not be discontinued in terms of business perspective that is. As for my personal opinion, I am pretty sure there will be a follow up to the manga series and animes emerging soon or to say the least, I am being hopeful. If anything, being someone who is comfortable being alone and having a rocky childhood, one with people constantly jeering and looking down at you, inevitably made Naruto very relatable and encouraging. Needless to say I became a fan.

I guess my writing this could be to elaborate more on how I am grateful for having something that is entertaining, relatable and motivating at the same time. This could be a manner of saying thank you to Kishimoto and the people who worked hard to come up with the plot, drawings, the manga itself.
Having said that, it brings me way back into memory lane on how Doraemon made my childhood pretty much—more imaginative and hopeful, hopeful as in waiting for a cat from the future come out of your drawer and helping you out with powderful gadgets. You know because back then if you want entertainment you either sit with everyone and watch television or well listen to the radio and read comics. How lame was that huh? I wasn’t so much into listening to the radio but glimpses of me listening to it whilst reading comics still remains intact. I remember reading each comic till I could memorize every single page. Ah I can feel my thoughts drifting off and making me feel more and more nostalgic. Who cares, right?  Though seriously things were really boring back then which is why we loved going outside and playing football and stuff. This was before the internet and astro. We also used to rent wrestling video tapes and watch them with friends and thought that wrestling was real haha.

Oh! And then there was American comics, I grew up reading old comics like, Groo, Dandy, and a few more of which I forgot their names. The later ones, well they were more glamorous and more expensive but then after having a taste of Japanese manggas, I never looked back. To me the stuff from Japan were more original, entertaining, sincere and uplifting.

Anyways I’ll be missing waiting for the manga to come out every Thursday. Though I have high hopes that it will continue as usual…nonetheless as humans we ought to accept and move on and by move on I meant search or wait for something similar to Naruto or better.

I used to say growing up sucks, now I find myself saying growing old sucks haha. Surely in all this, there is wisdom and the thing with growing old is that one attains wisdom and an understanding after all the failures and hurdles he has to face each day. Surely and surely this world is a test. However even after knowing that, one wish not or rather can’t withstand the torture but with every breath man yearns for pleasure.


0 comments: